Before you can start your gambling adventure, you have to choose the right casino for you. Then, once you’ve selected an operator that suits you best, it’s time to sign up! But how does signing up for an online casino work, exactly? Follow our step-by-step guide, and you’ll be able to complete registration in a matter of minutes!
Open the casino’s page. Here, you will see all kinds of attention grabbing elements, including available games and active promotions. These are all things you should check before you decide to register with that particular operator. From the main page, navigate to the account creation page, usually labelled under “Create Account”, “Sign Up” or “Register”.
The account creation page will require a few key details from you. As a general rule of thumb, all websites will demand the following information to register your account.
- Your full name
- Your address (street, city, postcode, country)
- Your date of birth
- An e-mail address that will be associated with your casino account
- A password which you will use to log on to the website
Please note: A large number of online casinos have also begun demanding phone numbers from customers. This is done in an effort to prevent one person creating multiple accounts.
Verify Your Account
Your next step is to verify your account. Initial verification will be done using your e-mail address or your phone number. The website will send you a message, which contains a link back to the casino. Click or tap this link, and you’ll be sent back to the website. You may have to log in one more time. But after this step, your account is verified and is ready to be used.
Verify Personal Information
While you can start playing casino games as soon as your account is verified and the first deposit is made, you will be required to verify your personal information when you request your first cashout.
All operators have to verify that information sent to them is legitimate. This prevents fraudsters from stealing people’s identities or using other people’s banking methods to make deposits.
You will need to provide the following information to the casino before your first withdrawal is processed.
- Proof of identity (ID, Passport, Driving License)
- Proof of address (Utility bill, bank statement)
- If using a credit card, a photo of both sides of the card is required, with specific details blocked from view
- If using an e-wallet, a screenshot of your account showing your profile details. The url must be visible in the screenshot
- Proof your income is legitimate (Recent payslip, bank statement showing 3 months of transactions, employment contract, income tax receipt, proof of income from sale of property, inheritance or savings)
After this, you have to wait some time for the casino to verify all of the information you sent. On average, it takes a few days to complete this process.