When it comes to casino bonuses, free spins are the most widespread of them all! The ability to play a few rounds of your favorite slots for free has successfully enticed many players to register. Online casinos do their best to simplify the process of receiving this bonus. However, there are some important details to note before you rush to claim a free spins promotion.
What Kind of Free Spins?
Unlocking free spins is done via three different methods.
- No Deposit Free Spins: Online casinos usually offer this promotion to brand new players who are just registering. Here, punters are given a few extra turns just for registering a brand new account. These free spins are usually limited in some capacity. There’s most likely a cap on your maximum win, and you will not be able to change your wager.
- Deposit Match Free Spins: Unlike no deposit free spins, this bonus asks you to pay some money to unlock the prize! Depending on how the operator structured the promotion, it can go in one of two ways. You either unlock a set number of free spins so long as you meet the minimum deposit. Alternatively, the number of free spins depends on the size of your deposit.
- Other Bonus + Free Spins: It’s not rare for a casino to add free spins as an extra for another promotion. We usually see this in Welcome Offers, where the primary focus is to get bonus money by depositing. Here, the award of free spins is an after-thought. Casinos also grant free spins as a prize for a high ranking in a tournament.
Reading the Fine Print
No matter which free spins promotion you pick, you need to read the details of the offer before accepting it. Every casino will have slightly different terms and conditions, so make sure to read them carefully. Still, the most important things to keep track of are the following:
- The number of free spins Self-explanatory. Check how many free spins you get and if you can unlock more somehow!
- What game they are for Some promotions will only allow you to play free spins on a single slot. Others give you a choice between several pre-selected games.
- Wagering requirements A wagering requirement is how much you have to wager through before prizes earned via free spins become real money. The required wager usually varies between 30- and 40 times your winnings.
- Win limitations This option usually only appears for no deposit free spins. That said, it’s best to keep an eye out for win limits in all versions, so you are not caught off-guard.
Activating Free Spins
Online casinos usually grant No Deposit Free Spins as part of a welcome offer. As such, they will be automatically added to your account when you finish registration with the online casino. Deposit Match free spins are more diverse.
They can be unlocked as part of a welcome offer, or as a separate promotion altogether. Free spins acquisition is the same regardless of how you unlock them. You receive the extra turns after you deposit the required sum of cash.