Everyone hates losing, that’s also a good sports mentality. The only question is how long you will be stuck in such a loss. Certainly, if you lose 6 or 7 times in a row, that can cause a bad feeling. It is getting more and more difficult to get over setbacks.
Rather than drowning in self-pity, put your energy into looking for mistakes you make when betting. How can you turn the negative series back into profit?
Stay in Control
Everyone will experience long dry spells. This can affect the effectiveness of decisions and predictions.
Dealing with losses is something you have to master if you regularly bet on sports. Most gamblers who play sports themselves from childhood get this under control quickly because they have learned to lose.
You shouldn’t make up for your loss with a big bet. Just stick to your plan and your money management. The same goes for victories, don’t get overconfident, and don’t think you invented gambling. Even with good victories, you have to stick to your game plan.
How to Limit Losses?
There is no way to win all bets since losing is part of the game. You do have to pull out all the stops to limit losses. We have several points that can help you minimize losses or even convert them into profit.
- Choose the right competition – Choose a competition you know a lot about and where you can find a lot of information. You should really use research and statistics before placing a bet.
- Find the highest odds – When you have found a nice bet, you will find which bookmaker has the highest odds. Getting paid 5 euros more doesn’t seem like much, but at the end of the year over 1000 bets, this is a huge amount. So you create accounts with multiple bookmakers.
- Discipline – Only bet if you are truly convinced that you can win a bet. Don’t bet because you happen to feel like betting. Choose the right sport, the right bet, and the best bookmaker.
- Increase Knowledge of Lesser-Known Sports – The bookies have many sports that they offer. They don’t know the ins and outs of every sport. For example, if you have a lot of information about the national handball teams, you can get an advantage over the bookmakers.
If You Do Lose
You do your research, look at statistics, choose the bets with the highest odds and still, you keep losing. What is the sensible thing to do?
- Keep Calm – Patience is a virtue. Do not get fooled because better times are coming.
- Take a break – If you are no longer relaxed, and you are only thinking about your loss, then you should take a break. Stop playing for a while and start exercising or doing something fun. After a while, you will feel good about yourself, and you can start betting again with a clean slate. You have forgotten your losses and can make the right decisions again.
- Try to find your mistakes – Never blame others for your loss. Players, referees, or coaches sometimes do things that make you lose your bet. That is just as common the other way around. You enforce happiness and if you are always unlucky, you look for the mistakes in yourself. If you find them, you will certainly increase your chances.