Deuces Wild is a famous card game and one of the Video Poker variations. It enjoys huge popularity at online casinos, just like Jacks or Better which is the favorite among gamblers worldwide. Deuces Wild follows the rules of other video poker games, with five playing cards included.
However, the game is also known for a small twist where the deuce or 2 represents a wild card and plays a more important role than other cards. The same card can be utilized to form hands in place of a missing card. For more information on how to play Deuces Wild, be sure to check the following guide.
Press the Deal Button
Once you have loaded your account with credits and select the amount of the bet, just click on the deal button. You will receive five cards and you will have an opportunity to hold or discard some of them.
Hold Cards You Want
When you receive the initial five cards, you can choose to hold them. It means that held cards will remain the same even if you press the deal button again. Players are generally recommended to hold a pair or a deuce. Held cards will be shown on the screen.
Press the Deal Button Again
As soon as you select which cards to hold, you can press the deal button again. As part of the second round, you will receive the replacement cards for those which are not held. It is also important to know the hand rankings.
- Three of a kind – If you hold three of the identical cards in a hand or a pair with a deuce
- Straight – If you hold five cards in sequence (any suit), one of them can be replaced by a deuce and create a straight
- Flush – If you hold five cards of the identical suit or four of the identical suit with a deuce
- Full House – If you hold three cards of the identical denomination and a pair, or if you hold two pairs with a deuce
- Four of a kind – When you hold four of the identical denomination or 3 of a kind with a deuce
- Straight Flush – When you hold four/five cards in sequence with an identical suit with a deuce
- Five of a kind – If you hold four cards of the identical denomination and a deuce
- Deuces Royal Flush – When you hold 10, Queen, Jack, King, and Ace of the identical suit, with one of the cards replaced by a deuce
- Four Deuces – When you hold four deuces
- Royal Flush – When you hold 10, Queen, Jack, King, and Ace of the identical suit on the board and no deuces.
Prizes Are Distributed
After the completion of the second dealing round, the game will end. Players receive the winnings according to the strength of their hands.
- Three of a Kind offers 1:1
- Straight offers 2:1
- Flush offers 2:1
- Full House offers 4:1
- Four of a Kind offers 5:1
- Straight Flush offers 8:1
- Five of a Kind offers 12:1
- Deuces Royal Flush offers 0:1
- Four Deuces offers 100:1
- Royal Flush offers 500:1