Jacks or Better is one of the most popular poker games at online casinos. Players enjoy the game for its simplicity and high payouts. Whether you are playing at a land-based or online casino, the gameplay is pleasant without taking a lot of time. To learn more about its rules and how to play Jacks or Better, check the following guide.
Press Deal Button
Once you are ready to place an initial wager with your credits, just press the deal button. Five cards will appear on the computer screen and your task is to create the best possible hand.
However, if you want to receive a payout, you will also need to have a pair of jacks or better.
Choose to Hold Some Cards
As soon as you receive the first five cards, you can hold some of them. It means that when you click on the deal button for the second time, they will remain the same.
Holding the cards is useful if you already have a good hand such as a pair of kings or similar. It increases your chances to hit three of a kind. It is also necessary to meet yourself with poker hands and their calculation.
- High Card – If you have nothing on your hand, the highest card will count
- One Pair –Two cards that have the same denomination
- Two Pairs –two card sets with the identical denomination
- Three of a kind – If you have three cards with the identical denomination
- Straight – Five cards in sequence, independent of their suit
- Flush – Five cards of the identical suit, independent of their denomination
- Full House – Three cards of the same denomination and two cards of a different denomination
- Straight Flush – Five cards in a sequence within the identical suit
- Royal Flush – Best possible hand when you hold an ace to ten straight, all in the identical suit.
Press the Deal Button Again
Upon deciding which cards you want to hold, just press the deal button once again. The machine will deliver new cards as the replacement for cards which you didn’t hold.
When the cards appear, the machine will automatically show whether you have won or not and you will receive the following winnings.
- A Pair of Jacks or Better Brings 1:1
- Two Pairs Pay 2:1
- Three of a Kind Brings 3:1
- Straight Brings 4:1
- Flush Brings 6:1
- Full House Brings 9:1
- Four of a Kind brings 25:1
- Straight Flush brings 50:1
- Royal Flush brings 250:1